Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spam in the Name of Allah!

I got an email to one of my group adds:

Send these 5 names to 11 muslims, believe me ur biggest problem will be solved Insha Allah.
Ya ALLAH
Ya KARIM
Ya AWWAL
Ya AAKH ER
Ya MUJEEB
Don't delete it. Try it even if u don't believe it.

Kaaba, Mecca

Hmmm, I usually ignore this kind of messages. Or, if I know the sender personally, I dare to send him/her a reply warning him not to contribute in spamming.

Shamim from 38D batch of IBA posted a nice reply. I liked it so much that I couldn’t resist to share it to my blog:

Before forwarding this type of mail please think about some very basic things.

1. What is the reference of this speech. Is it supported by Quran or Hadith?

2. The Names of Allah is no doubt very good. But this way "5 names to 11 muslims", from where one has found this number?

3. "your biggest problem will be solved" encourages to use the names of Allah for the benefit of dunia, not for akherat.

4. You are assuring by "believe me". How can you assure that?

I suppose this is one type of Fitna. We usually receive this type of mail in several group mails also.

There are some assurances of financial improvement, official promotion, problem solving etc. So one with little knowledge about Islam sent the message to 11 muslims and didn't get any problem solved can make an ill comment to the name of Allah and lose his Iman easily.

Before circulate any mail relating Islam please be sure that it is supported by Quran or Hadith or both. because the responsibility imposes upon you.

May Allah help us to prevent ourselves from any Fitna.

 

I think this explains a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment